"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 21, 2014

Pocatello! Week 10

Hello. Happy Easter... well, the day after. But anyways! I love Easter time. I love my Savior, I love the fact that He loves us enough to do everything He has done for us, and I love that He has risen again, and because of Him, we too can be resurrected after we die. We will live again because He did first. Here in Pocatello they do this thing called, "Walk With Christ." They set up the whole building with different people dressed up and acting as different individuals in moments of Christ's life. We walk to different rooms and learn about Christ's life; his birth, ministry, etc. It's incredible. I felt such a spirit as I walked around that church building and learned more about my Savior. We took Jared and his family. They loved it. I felt such pride as I looked at my right shoulder and really reflected on the name that I bear. I wear Christ's name on my shoulder everyday. I have the honor and privilege of representing Him, my elder brother. I feel so blessed. I love him. I love my Lord. Friday I was able to be on exchanges with Sister Riding. Sister Jacobson went up to Highland. I love them both. It was a special day... as Sister Riding and I were eating lunch she received a phone call. She got her visa and will be going to Brazil on April 29th! Ah. She is such a loving, Christlike, charitable soul. She reminds me of you, mom - so beautiful inside and out. The people of Brazil are so lucky to have her. I know the people of Idaho have been lucky to have her around for as long as we have:) During this Easter time as I think of Christ, my heart is full - full of His grace and love. The fact that I know my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, loves me and knows me and died for me and was resurrected so I could have salvation and live with Him again just makes me swell with joy. I love Him. Love doesn't even express all the feelings I feel toward my Savior. And I love my Father in Heaven for loving me enough to send His Only Begotten Son to die for me, as imperfect as I am. It touches my soul. All throughout the scriptures Christ is found saying, "Come unto me." He wants us to come to Him. He wants us to lean on Him, He wants to mend our broken hearts and our fragile spirits. I hope you've gone to lds.org and watched, "Because of Him." It's such a beautiful and inspired 2 minute video. Saturday was fantastic. Jared, my wonderful 9 year old friend, was baptized! It was such a peaceful setting. His father was able to baptize and confirm him. So lovely. So special. That night we took Miko to the "Walk With Christ." It's amazing... the faith she has. She came from China where she wasn't taught about God or Christ at all, and here she is - reading the Book of Mormon, praying, feeling the Spirit. After going through the "Walk With Christ" we were able to view paintings of Him. I asked her, "What do you think about it all?" And she said, "It is wonderful. Just wonderful." And Sister Jacobson asked, "Which room did you like best?" And Miko just smiled and said, "All of them." She is such a tender soul. I love her. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to teach her. Sunday Dustin, a 11 year old that's getting baptized this Saturday, walked all the way to church alone. What faith he has! I just couldn't stop smiling when I saw him at church. I am so proud of him. I know Heavenly Father is, too. My heart is full. I've been pretty sick lately, but I know that the Lord will sustain me as I strive to do the best I can. I love my Savior. I love this work. I love helping others come unto Christ. I know He lives. I know that my Redeemer lives and loves me too. Ether 12:27 reads, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." All things are possible in Jesus Christ. He has overcome the world. He has overcome all of our trials and pains. We just need to ask Him how we can, we just need to ask Him to help us. I testify that He will. We will feel His love and strength. I love you. I pray for you. All my love and prayers, Sister Mork

No comments:

Post a Comment