"You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pocatello! Week 9

So I guess I just want to say, I love you all. Lately it's really been just hitting me - trials. Trials are for our benefit. How else would we be able to grow and learn? When we endure hard times it makes us more empathetic, more compassionate, more loving, more Christlike... and if our challenges draw us closer to our Heavenly Father and allow us to become more like Him, how blessed are we to endure! We're better able to help others that are forced to push through similar afflictions. We can better assist and encourage them. It's beautiful really. In Mosiah 24: 10, 12-15 it says, "And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God.... (and) did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts. And if came to pass that the voice of the lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage, and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions....yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." He did strengthen them so they could stand the burdens. He didn't just take the trial away. And something I've learned is that praying to have a hard trial taken away doesn't help us at all and that isn't the purpose of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Because He did endure everything we've endured we can be strengthened through Him, through the trial. We can be made whole, complete, stronger. I am so grateful for that knowledge. Monday we invited two young girls to be baptized and they accepted! How glorious! And then Miko, the Chinese foreign exchange student we've been teaching has been reading The Book of Mormon and praying and wants to be baptized! It was a beautiful day spent among beautiful people. Tuesday we had Zone Training and Sister Jacobson and I did a training for the other Elders and Sisters in our zone on how the Atonement of Jesus Christ can help us during hard times. I love the Savior and I am so grateful for everything He means to me. He is my rock. He is as real to me as any person I can physically touch, if not more real. I know that He lives and I know that His Atonement is a force that I will forever be indebted to Him for. Wednesday we saw Dustin - 11 - and planning on being baptized in a few months! I love that kid. He is so alive and ready to follow the example of Jesus Christ in being baptized by proper authority! Helping others come unto Christ is such a blessing. Seeing the miracle of change in others is one of the greatest things I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Thursday we saw Mamie and taught her about the Plan of Salvation. She is learning so much and it's so exciting! She wants to discover if this gospel really is Christ's church and committed to pray and ask Heavenly Father if it is. I know that she will receive confirmation from the Holy Ghost and feel that peace, which will testify to her that this is His gospel. Friday night Hannah got baptized! She's 9. The baptism was so beautiful. She was dressed in white and when she came up out of the water she couldn't stop smiling! The Spirit of love and peace was so strong. Saturday we saw the Caudillo family and this next Saturday their 9 year old son, Jared, is getting baptized. We've been teaching him and seeing the peace that comes from learning about these things is such a transformation. Sunday was church! I love being able to attend Christ's true church. I love the peace and love I feel. I know that this gospel is true. I know that Christ is leading the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I know that He is at the head of it. I love my Savior. I feel blessed and honored to wear His name. I love you and I pray for you. Remember who you are. You are a child of God. You are His. You are priceless. You are special. Never forget that. All my prayers, Sister Mork P.S. "Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him." Moroni 10:32. Perfected means to be complete. Through Him we can be made whole. Let Him heal you

No comments:

Post a Comment